Timestamps are important for monitoring and testing the IoT messaging flow. In this blog you’ll find which timestamps are available when using Microsoft Azure IoT services. Continue reading
This post describes how to communicate to Azure IoT Hub from Raspbian Jessie Python 2.7 on a Raspberry pi 3.
In this post I’ll create message communication from a Linux CentOS VM with AMQP to Azure Service Bus. I choosed Linux because it is on a lot of IoT related devices. This post expands my previous blogpost about amqp visual studio and rabbitmq. That post was about AMQP on a local machine, this post is about a VM and Service Bus on Microsoft Azure. I’ll describe a few steps to make it work:
- Create the Service Bus on Microsoft Azure
- Create a Linux VM on Microsoft Azure
- Connect to the VM via SSH
- Install Apache Qpid Proton-C on the VM
- Create a Python script to send the message